Sony NEX-FS100 and Avid Media Composer 5.5(Avid MC 5.5) 1080p 60 AVCHD Importing problem
Sony has just launched a new professional grade camcorder – the NEX-FS100. Specially designed for shooting commercials, music videos and action scenes in budget dramas, this camcorder packs an Exmor Super 35 CMOS Sensor that can shoot up to 1080p at 60 frames per second at up to 28Mbps to an SD card, Memory Stick or optional 128 GB SSD. It can also output uncompressed 4:2:2 footage over HDMI, and has a 3.5″ LCD viewfinder for you to keep an eye on the action.
While editing 1080p50/1080p60 recordings from Sony NEX-FS100 camcorder further, we will encounter some importing issues about editing these AVCHD 1080p files on Mac. 1080p50/1080p60 is unsupported in some common editors such as FCP, iMovie and even Avid MC in that it is a very non-standard format. Plus, AVCHD is not a good edit format for Avid MC, for Avid, the most compatible format is Avid DNxHD. So, you are advised to convert Sony NEX-FS100 AVCHD files to Avid DNxHD.
Preparation: Look for the best Sony NEX-FS100 AVCHD Converter for Avid MC to solve importing problem of Sony NEX-FS100 MTS footages to Avid Media Composer 5.5.
Step 1: Launch the recommended Sony FS100 AVCHD to Avid MC Converter for Mac program and then click the adding button to import your MTS/M2TS files to it.
1. If necessary, you can click the button”Merge into one” to combine several videos to one file.
2. If the supposed size of the imputed file is 1GB, then the memory space should be up to 40GB.
Step 2: Click Format on the main interface and choose Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov) as output format.
Step 3: Tap the Settings icon, and you can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the Profile Setting to get the output in best quality.
1. For 1080 50p AVCHD files, you can set the video size as 1920*1080, and the video frame rate as 25fps.
2. While, for 1080 60p AVCHD videos, pls set the video size as 1920*1080; video frame rate as 30fps.
Step 4: All the settings have been done; you can start the 1080p MTS from NEX-FS100 to Avid Media Composer DNxHD conversion by clicking the “Convert” button. Then you can get the converted DNxHD (*.mov) files for editing in Avid MC by clicking the “Open” button.
1. Please tap Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac to get more detailed information.
2. Double click the selected file and you can have a preview of the imported file on the viewer.
3. 3D conversion. The Red-Blue/Red-Green 3D conversions are supported.
Import Sony NEX-FS100 AVCHD files to FCP 7/FCP X on Mac
Import NEX-FS100 MTS to Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5
Convert Sony HXR-MC2000E/U AVCHD to FCP 7 on Mac
Sony HDR-AX2000 AVCHD to Avid Media Composer on Mac
Get Sony HXR-MC50U AVCHD footages into iMovie
Import Canon VIXIA HF G20 1080 60i AVCHD recordings to FCP X
Smooth and lossless Conversion of Canon Vixia HF R30 to iMovie’11